- The Red Sox have come back down to earth from their amazing start, but should still be one of the favorites in the American League.
- It finally looks like the Yankees are hitting their stride and are currently on an eight-game winning streak. They still need to add a starting pitcher, however.
- It turns out the Rays just might not be as bad as we all thought. They currently have an eight-game winning streak and just a game under .500
- The Orioles are the favorite for the basement of the AL East and should soon be looking to trade Manny Machado.
- The Indians are going to run away with the division again this year. There is no other team who compares to them.
- The Twins will most likely finish second in the division, but I don’t see them contending for even a Wildcard spot.
- In Chicigao, the White Sox have a lot of young talent, but they are not quite there yet. Look for them to improve in the second half of the season
- The Astros are back in first place and that is where I expect them to be at the end of the season. They are so talented, but will definitely have competition from the Angels this year.
- The Angels are facing controversy for the first time this year. They are on a three-game losing streak and everyone thinks Ohtani is bad again. People forget he is still just 23 and has a lot of developing to do.
- The Mariners are currently in the race in the AL West, but I do not expect that to last. They will finish around 85 wins and miss the postseason again.
- Sean Manea looks like an ace for the A’s and a huge part of their surprising 14-13 start. The A’s will not win a ton, but Manea will give them a chance every fifth day.
- The Mets are in first place and got off to a hot start, but have been going through a little skid. Their starting pitching hasn’t been great behind Jacob DeGrom or Noah Syndergaard. Their other starts must get going if they want to keep surprising people.
- It’s hard to imagine the Phillies being just a half game out of first place, but here they are. Their young talent is producing and they have an 11-4 record at home. That is a formula for success.
- Like the Phillies, you can say the same about the Braves. Their young talent is in the majors and producing. The NL East is going to be an exciting division.
- The Nationals are the most disappointing team so far. They do have a lot of injuries, however, it will not be surprising to see them make a run when they are healthy.
- The NL Central has been one of the most competitive divisions with the Pirates on top. However, I don’t see them finishing there and see them finishing in fourth.
- The Cubs are my World Series pick and they are starting to pick it up. They have so much young talent and I want to see it put to the test against the Astros.
- The Cardinals and Brewers seem to be similar teams. They have good teams, but not great. They will finish close in the division and both be in the hunt for a Wildcard spot.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love the Diamondbacks. They need to be taken seriously and are a World Series contender.
- The Rockies have just been average this season. Winning in Colorado is tough, but they need to be better than 5-7 there.
- The Dodgers are in a funk to start the season, but it isn’t the first time this has happened. They sometimes start out slow and then go on some unbelievable run. We will see if it happens again this year.